Attorney-at-Law (H), LL.M.
Johan Løje has more than 25 years of experience in the treatment of trademark and design applications and litigation in the fields. He also conducts litigation and advises on patent conflicts.
Johan has a LL. M.-Grad from the University of San Diego School of Law and has admitted to the Supreme Court.
Johan is an external lecturer at the University of Copenhagen in intellectual property law and competition and marketing law, and is a sought-after speaker and lecturer in IP and international relations. Several times he has been appointed as an IP expert by the EUROPEAN Commission, and in this capacity he has taught among other Chinese Supreme Court judges in intellectual property law and the management of the Chinese AIC in enforcing good marketing practices.
Johan advises Design Denmark and WEARs members. He is also the Danish member of the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA), which is a large international network of advertising lawyers.
In addition, Johan is a member of the Board of the WWF World Wildlife Fund and a member of the Advisory Committee at the CESEL (Centre for European Studies on Economic Law) at the University of Copenhagen.
Johan has recently been ranked among the best litigators in IP trials of the internationally renowned publication World trademark Review.
Cand.Jur. Københavns Universitet
LL.M. University of San Diego
Danish, Swedish, English, French
- World Trade Mark Review som en ud af de ledende IP procedører i Danmark Johan Løje is admitted to the Supreme Court and has ample experience pleading cases before the European Court of Justice to boot. The high-calibre litigator has over 20 years of experience and is the Danish Designer Association’s counsel of choice.
- Who’s Who Legal som en ledende specialist indenfor varemærker I Danmark Johan Løje dedicates his practice to supporting clients in litigation and prosecution proceedings, expertly representing them in high-level domestic and international courts.
- Legal 500 som ‘A leading individual’ indenfor IP ret
- Group head Johan Løje focuses on trade mark and design-related matters; he recently advised Shoebranding on trade mark registration issues, and represented Ravn Ravn in an infringement action against Saint Tropez relating to the client’s designs.
- Chambers and Partners som ‘Notable Practitioner’
- Johan Løje is described by an interviewee as “a good litigator,” while another client reports that he is “very competent.” Løje has considerable expertise in trade mark, copyright and design matters.
- Managing Intellectual Property som ‘IP Star’ og var kåret til ‘Trademark Practitioner of the Week June 2019’ efter at have vundet en sag på vegne sin klient Shoebranding mod Adidas ved EU domstolen.